There are at least three reasons why natural stone must be surface treated before being used in interior spaces:
1. In order to meet the safety of the stone itself: because the stone is a natural material, if it is not surface-treated, it will easily return to alkali, yellowing, or even weathering after application due to chemical reactions.
2. Satisfy functional requirements: different spaces, different design techniques, and different stone properties are needed to meet their functions. For example, in the application of external wall stone, hand-painted surface treatment methods such as chiselled surface or pineappled surface are used to reflect the thickness and strength of the stone.
3. Satisfy aesthetics: any decoration material in the space decoration, different stone surface treatment methods can also meet different design concepts. For example, if you want to achieve a gorgeous effect, the highlight stone is inevitable. In addition to natural texture and delicate texture, rich surface treatment forms and super plastic stone are the essential differences between it and related alternative materials.
There are rich surface treatment methods of stone, it can be roughly divided into three categories:
1. The first category is mechanical surface processing technology: such as chiselled surface or pineappled surface, etc.;
2. The second category is chemical surface processing technology: as we often say, acid surface, etc.;
3. The third type is the electrochemical method: such as the method of coating the medium on the stone with copper by electroplating.
The common stone surface treatment methods are: natural surface, machine-cut (sawn) surface, polished, honed (matt), flamed, sandblasted, bush hammered, pineappled, chiselled, mushroom, grooved, tumbled, acid, antique surface, etc..