As people’s awareness of environmental protection becomes stronger and stronger, the mining and processing of natural stone are restricted, and various man-made decorative materials have begun to enter people’s lives.
Artificial stone (also known as “artificial marble”) is a new type of composite material, which is made by mixing unsaturated polyester resin with fillers and pigments, adding a small amount of initiator, and going through certain processing procedures. With different pigments in the manufacturing process, they can be made into products with bright colors and luster like natural marble. Excellent Slight Grey Artificial Marble Slab also came into being.
perfect stone artificial marble has many characteristics of natural marble. For example, because artificial marble can be adjusted manually, it has a wide variety of colors, good flexibility, inconspicuous connection processing, strong overall feeling, and colorful, with ceramic luster, high surface hardness, not easy to damage, corrosion resistance, high temperature resistance, And very easy to clean. But there is also a big disadvantage, which has relatively significant damage to the human body. At present, the common artificial marbles on the market usually have the following four types: cement artificial marble, polyester artificial marble, composite artificial marble, and sintered artificial marble.
Types of artificial stone
1. Artificial stone can be divided into two categories according to the different binders used.
- Organic artificial stone: Use unsaturated polyester resin as the cementing agent.
- Inorganic artificial stone: Inorganic materials such as cement are used as cementing materials.
2. According to the different production process, it can be divided into four categories
- Resin artificial stone: Common quartz stone belongs to this category.
- Composite artificial stone: Both resin and cement are used.
- Cement-type artificial stone: Terrazzo belongs to this category.
- Sintered artificial stone: ceramic tile, floor tile, whole body brick, microcrystalline stone, etc. belong to this category.
Simply put, the main components of our common artificial stones are either resin, cement, or fired clay. Among them, resin-type artificial stone is the most commonly used.
1. Raw material preparation and ingredients
- Put the stones, gravel slag and coarse marble powder into the collecting hopper according to the designed proportion, and weigh the ingredients with the weighing belt. The selection of materials includes both natural crushed stone in nature and processed crushed stone (this process is called grading).
- Store the marble fine powder and coarse powder in a vertical silo and send it to the mixer at the specified weight.
- The resin is put into the resin tank, and it is poured into the mixer according to the quantity when using.
- Catalysts, accelerators, defoaming agents, etc. are stored in stainless steel containers, and injected into the mixer with a quantitative pump as required.
- The pigment is packed in a special container, crushed, weighed and pre-mixed according to the design, and then poured into the mixer.
Artificial stone production process
1. The production process of the square material
Rough stone, crushed stone of different particle size, special raw material formula → mixing and stirring, cloth → vacuum high pressure forming → demoulding and curing → square material
2. Sheet production process
Square material → gang saw (cut into rough boards of various thicknesses) → automatic grinding production line (thickness determination, grinding, polishing and processing into rough boards) → grading inspection (beauty decoration, filming) → packaging and storage
3. Special-shaped process Product processing flow
Square material → gang saw (cut to desired thickness) → bridge cut (cut to desired specifications) → stone line automatic production line or computer automatic copying machine (modeling) → manual grinding and polishing → grading inspection → packaging and storage
Column, Roman column, general column, barrage column and other column products
Square material → wire saw (cut into arc plates or cylinders of the required specifications) → vertical car (N combined cylinder) sleeping car (integral column, Roman column, general column), small sleeping car (barrier column) processed into the desired shape → Manual grinding and polishing → grading inspection → packaging and storage
Flat products such as countertops and parquet
Square material → gang saw (mao board) → automatic grinding production line (mao light board) → bridge cutting (cutting into specification board) water jet (cutting parquet graphics) → manual grouping (bonding, edging) → grading inspection → packaging and storage.The advantages of artificial stone
Strong antifouling, non-radioactive, low water absorption, high flexural strength, strong weather resistance, rich variety, uniform color, easy to process and refurbish, broad application fields, noble and elegant artistic texture, ultra-high simulation, The outstanding layering and three-dimensional sense, first of all, in terms of craftsmanship, show a super high degree of simulation.
Secondly, in terms of artistic expression, perfect stone adheres to the design concept of originating from nature and surpassing nature, and fully reproduces the effect of natural stone with rich colors, smooth texture, rich changes, and simple and natural style.
The daily maintenance of artificial stone should pay attention to waterproof, anti-fouling, and oil-proof, and the areas prone to pollution should be mainly controlled by laying floor mats and painting for protection.
The Excellent Slight Grey Artificial Marble Slab uses dust to push the dust every day, and does not use a wet mop. Regularly use the floor scrubber for deep cleaning, and use the method of sealing glaze for maintenance when it loses its luster.
Special attention: Do not use black pads for daily cleaning work.
Artificial stone has its unique advantages in performance, and its application will become more and more extensive in the future. However, as a new material, its own defects are also obvious. What kind of problems are still hidden in the application, we can not fully find out at present, all this will be left to the test of time.