Artificial Stone Granite is an important member of the igneous rock family, which is the rock formed by the cooling of magma. In the process of underground magma rising to weak points in the crust, part of it flows out of the surface in the form of volcanic eruptions. There is also a part of the magma lying flat, and the high temperature melts the surrounding rocks and does not leave, and condenses in the rock formations.
Granite can also be further named according to the types of dark minerals. For example, dark minerals are mainly biotite, which can be called biotite granite, which is a common type of granite. Such as biotite and muscovite, the content of which is nearly equal, can be called two mica granite, if the dark mineral is mainly amphibole, it is called amphibole granite, if the dark mineral is mainly pyroxene, it is called amphibole Stone granite, which contains almost no dark minerals can be called white granite.
Granite, the main component of the continental crust, is a magmatic rock formed by the condensation of magma below the surface. It is a deep intrusive rock and is mainly composed of minerals such as quartz or feldspar. Because granite is a plutonic rock, it can often form well-developed mineral grains that can be discerned by the naked eye, hence the name.
Granite is a rock with a fully crystalline structure. High-quality granite has fine and uniform grains, compact structure, high quartz content, and bright feldspar.
Excellent G617 Grey Granite Slab is hard, wear-resistant, pressure-resistant, fire-resistant, acid-resistant, alkali-resistant and corrosive gas. Most of them only have colored spots, and some are solid colors, with small pattern changes, strong spellability, and a wide range of use.
Classification of granite
Granite is rich in resources and varieties, and has been widely used in civil engineering since ancient times. There are more than 100 varieties of natural granite in China, mainly concentrated in Sichuan, Shandong, Guangxi, Fujian, Shanxi, Henan and Inner Mongolia.
The texture of granite is uniform. Although the color is mainly light, it is also very rich. According to the color, it can be divided into the following colors:
- Red series: Sichuan Red, Asbestos Red, Cenxi Red, Tiger Skin Red, Cherry Red, Pinggu Red, Rhododendron Red, Rose Red, Guifei Red, Lu Qinghong, Lianzhou Red, etc.
- Yellow-red series: Cenxi orange red, Dongliu meat red, Lianzhou light red, Xingyang peach red, Xingyang orange red, light red flower, cherry blossom red, coral flower, tiger skin yellow, etc.
- Flower white series: white stone flower, white tiger stream, black and white flower, sesame white, flower white, Lingnan flower white, Jinan flower white, Sichuan flower white, etc.
- Black series: light blue black, pure black, sesame black, Sichuan black, Yantai black, Shenyang black, Changchun black, etc.
- Green series: sesame green, rice easy green, fine hemp green, Jinan green, bamboo leaf green, chrysanthemum green, blue and white, reed green, Nanxiong green, Panxilan, etc.
- Imported granite: Gold Diamond, South African Red, Symphony Green, Kashmir Gold, Small Cuihong, Dark Green Hemp, American Grey Hemp, Symphony Red, Indian Red, British Brown, etc.
Granite material characteristics and properties
Granite is the hardest building material and also has good wear resistance due to its super hardness. Excellent G617 Grey Granite Slab is stronger than sand, limestone and marble, making it more difficult to mine. Granite is a unique material whose physical properties give it the following properties:
- High failure rate and good wear resistance: It has excellent processing performance and good plateability.
- Bright colors, solemn and generous: it has good decorative properties and is suitable for public places and outdoor decoration.
- Good performance: non-conductive, non-magnetic, stable field, large elastic modulus, higher than cast iron, good rigidity, large internal damping coefficient, 15 times larger than steel, shockproof and shock-absorbing.
- Stable chemical properties: not easy to be weathered, its chemical properties are proportional to the content of silica, and its service life can reach about 200 years.
Granite Surface Technology
- Machine-cut surface: It is directly cut and formed by equipment such as circular saw, sand saw or bridge cutting machine. The surface is rough and has obvious machine-cut lines.
- Matt surface: The matte surface refers to the smooth surface, and the surface is less polished with resin abrasives. Its luminosity is lower than that of the polished surface, generally around 30-50, 60. It has a certain luminosity, but the reflection of light is weak. The surface is flat and smooth, and the luminosity is very low.
- Glossy surface: also known as polished surface, refers to a plate with a flat surface, polished with resin abrasives, etc., to make it have a mirror gloss. The luminosity of general stone can be 80 or 90 degrees, which is characterized by high luminosity and strong reflection of light, which can fully display the rich and gorgeous colors and natural texture of the stone itself.
- Burning surface: Burning surface refers to the rough surface processed by the high temperature flame generated by acetylene, oxygen or propane, oxygen, or petroleum liquefied gas and oxygen as fuel to the stone surface. There are certain requirements for the thickness of the stone on the burning surface to prevent the stone from breaking during the processing. Generally, the thickness is required to be at least 2CM. The surface of the burnt surface is rough and natural, non-reflective, fast to process, and relatively cheap.
- Lychee surface: The lychee surface is hit on the stone surface with a hammer shaped like lychee skin, thereby forming a rough surface shaped like lychee skin on the stone surface, which is divided into machine lychee surface (machine) and hand lychee surface (handmade). two kinds.
- Longan noodles: also known as chopped axe noodles, refers to the use of a flat hammer on the stone surface to form a rough surface shaped like the appearance of longan skin. Like lychee noodles, it is also divided into two types: machine and manual.
- Antique surface: In order to eliminate the thorny characteristics of the surface of the burned surface, after the stone is first burned with fire, it is brushed 3-6 times with a steel brush to form an antique surface. There are many ways to make antique noodles, such as water flushing after fire, acid etching, direct steel brushing or high-pressure water flushing. The processing of antique noodles is time-consuming and expensive.
- Pineapple noodle: Pineapple noodle is a plate with the appearance of a pineapple peel that is struck with a chisel and a hammer on the stone surface. Pineapple noodles are rougher than lychee noodles and longan noodles. Subdivision can also be divided into thick pineapple noodles and fine pineapple noodles.
- Mushroom surface: Mushroom surface refers to a plate shaped like an undulating mountain by hitting with a chisel and a hammer on the surface of the stone. This processing method has certain requirements on the thickness of the stone. Generally, the bottom thickness is at least 3CM, and the raised part can be 2CM or more according to actual requirements.
- Natural surface: Natural surface refers to a processing method in which a piece of stone is split from the middle with a hammer to form an uneven surface like the natural surface.
- Groove surface: open a groove of a certain depth and width on the surface of Excellent G617 Grey Granite Slab.
- Sandblasting surface: Use ordinary river sand or diamond sand instead of high-pressure water to wash the surface of the stone to form a decorative surface with a smooth frosted effect.
- Water flushing surface: directly impact the stone surface with high-pressure water, peel off the softer components, and form a unique rough surface decoration effect.
- Pickling surface: The surface of the stone is corroded with strong acid to make it have small corrosion marks, and the appearance is more rustic than the polished surface.