Granite, the main component of the continental crust, is a kind of magmatic rock formed by the condensation of magma below the surface, which is a deep intrusive rock. It is mainly composed of minerals such as quartz or feldspar. The etymology of Granite is the Latin granum, which means grain or grain. Granite gets its name because it is a plutonic rock that often forms well-developed, visually identifiable mineral grains. Granite is not easy to be weathered, its color is beautiful, and its appearance can be maintained for more than 100 years. Due to its high hardness and wear resistance, it is not only used for advanced architectural decoration projects and hall floors, but also the first choice for open-air carving.
Granite is a rock with a fully crystalline structure. High-quality Granite Slabs have fine and uniform grains, compact structure, high quartz content, and bright feldspar.
Granite is hard, wear-resistant, pressure-resistant, fire-resistant, acid-resistant, alkali-resistant and corrosive gas. Most of them only have colored spots, and some are solid colors, with small pattern changes, strong spellability, and a wide range of use.
Types of Granite
Granite can be divided into six series according to the color of red, yellow, green, black, white and gray.
(1) Red series include: China Red, Cenxi Red, Maple Leaf Red, Shidao Red, Shrimp Red, Tomato Red, Xinjiang Red, etc.
(2) Yellow series include: yellow rust stone, golden hemp, chrysanthemum yellow, purple dot golden hemp, tiger skin yellow, golden diamond hemp, Yanshan yellow, etc.
(3) Green series include: Forest Green, Gaoming Green, Fujian Green, Evergreen, Pingshan Green, etc.
(4) Black series include: pearl black, black gold sand, Chinese black, sesame black, Jinan green, Mongolian black, Fuding black, etc.
(5) White series include: pearl white, sesame white, Tianshan blue, Jinshan white, white hemp, purple point white hemp, spray white, etc.
(6) The gray series include: sesame gray, pearl gray, Yunsi hemp, Zhangqiu gray, Lu gray, bluestone, classical gray hemp, etc.
Granite processing technology
- Glossy surface: The surface is very smooth, highly polished, with a mirror effect and high gloss. Granite, Granite Tiles and Limestone are usually polished and require different maintenance to maintain their lustre.
- Matte surface: The surface is smooth, but it is polished to a low degree, resulting in diffuse reflection, no gloss, no mirror effect, and no light pollution.
- Machine-cut surface: It is directly cut and formed by a disc saw, sand saw or bridge cutting machine. The surface is rough and has obvious machine-cut lines.
- Pickling: Use strong acid to corrode the stone surface, so that there are small corrosion marks, and the appearance is more rustic than the polished surface. Most stones can be pickled, but the most common are marble and limestone. Pickling is also a way to soften the sheen of Granite.
- Lychee surface: The surface is rough and uneven. It is to use a chisel to dig small holes on the surface densely, which is intended to imitate the effect of water droplets on the stone over the years.
- Pineapple noodles: The surface of Excellent Pineapple Granite Gate Posts is more uneven than lychee processing, just like the skin of pineapples.
- Duo axe surface: also called longan surface, which is knocked on the stone surface with an axe to form a very dense strip texture, somewhat like the effect of longan skin.
- Burning surface: The stone is heated at high temperature until the crystal bursts, resulting in a rough surface. Due to its porous nature, penetrating sealants may be required. rough surface. This kind of surface is mainly used for interior such as floor or as the finish of commercial building, and the labor cost is high. After being heated at a high temperature, it is quickly cooled to form a fire noodle.
- Natural surface: The natural surface has not undergone any treatment, and the natural formation is stone. The surface is rough, but not as rough as fire. This finish is usually cut by hand or chiseled in a mine to expose the natural cracked surface of the stone.
- Wash the surface: directly impact the stone surface with high-pressure water, peel off the softer ingredients, and form a unique rough surface decoration effect.
- Antique surface: The surface processing that imitates the old-fashioned effect of stone after a certain period of use is generally treated with antique grinding brush or antique water. Generally, the effect and cost-effectiveness of antique grinding brush are higher, and it is also more environmentally friendly.
- Brushed surface: open a groove with a certain depth and width on the stone surface.
- Mushroom surface: It is generally artificially chopped, and the effect is similar to that of natural chop, but the sky surface of the stone is a plateau-like shape with a depression around the middle protrusion.
- Pickling surface: Use strong acid to corrode the stone surface, so that there are small corrosion marks, and the appearance is more rustic than the polished surface.
The above is to analyze the characteristics of Granite from the definition, use, characteristics, deficiencies, applications, types, and processing technology of Granite. Only with a certain understanding of the material can we better control the effect of the project.
Granite is rich in resources and varieties, and has been widely used in civil engineering since ancient times. There are more than 100 varieties of natural granite in China, mainly concentrated in Sichuan, Shandong, Guangxi, Fujian, Shanxi, Henan and Inner Mongolia.
Granite has a uniform texture and texture. Although the colors are mainly light colors, they are also very rich. According to the colors, they can be divided into the following colors:
1) Red series: Sichuan Red, Asbestos Red, Cenxi Red, Tiger Skin Red, Cherry Red, Pinggu Red, Rhododendron Red, Rose Red, Guifei Red, Lu Qinghong, Lianzhou Red, etc.
2) Yellow-red series: Cenxi orange red, Dongliu meat red, Lianzhou light red, Xingyang peach red, Xingyang orange red, light red flower, cherry blossom red, coral flower, tiger skin yellow, etc.
3) Flower white series: white stone flower, white tiger stream, black and white flower, sesame white, flower white, Lingnan flower white, Jinan flower white, Sichuan flower white, etc.
4) Black series: light blue black, pure black, sesame black, Sichuan black, Yantai black, Shenyang black, Changchun black, etc.
5) Green series: sesame green, rice easy green, fine hemp green, Jinan green, bamboo leaf green, chrysanthemum green, blue and white, reed green, Nanxiong green, Panxilan, etc.
6) Imported Granite: Gold Diamond, South African Red, Symphony Green, Kashmir Gold, Small Cuihong, Dark Green Hemp, American Grey Hemp, Symphony Red, Indian Red, British Brown, etc.
Granite Material Selection
- Sampling: In principle, stone with high color saturation is used to ensure that it matches the design tone of the pavement.
- Material selection: The screening of materials before entering the site is an important measure to control them from the source. For stone materials with high quality requirements, special personnel must be arranged in the stone origin to screen, establish special supply channels, and buy out the same batch of materials from several manufacturers.
- Processing: Control the quality of stone cutting, and directly return the products with low quality and large color difference.
- Paving: Paving workers conduct on-site screening and sort out materials with low quality and large color difference. Control the color difference of materials as much as possible to ensure the quality of the pavement.
If you want to know more about Granite, you can go to the perfect stone website for more details!