Stone is the most suitable material for kitchen countertops. Stone countertops have the characteristics of beautiful atmosphere, high hardness and not easy to deform, so the use of stone in countertops is very common.
The materials of stone countertops can be divided into natural stone and artificial stone. Among them, natural stone is represented by marble and granite, while artificial stone is typical of quartz stone. So, which material is good for kitchen countertops?
In fact, each material has its own advantages and disadvantages. Next, let’s analyze the advantages and disadvantages of marble, granite and quartz.
Natural stone texture is natural and beautiful, it is a work of nature, hard texture, anti-scratch performance is very outstanding, good wear resistance; different colors, can be competent for various styles.
* The advantages of marble countertops are:
1. Beautiful appearance, no deformation, high hardness, strong wear resistance; 2. High temperature resistance. 3. Physically stable, well-organized, able to ensure long-term non-deformation, and low linear expansion coefficient.
* The disadvantages of marble countertops are:
Because the stone is a porous material structure, it is difficult to clean and easy to crack if dirt and sewage infiltrate during production, transportation or construction.
In daily cleaning, it is inevitable that some residues and dirt will fill in the cracks with the wiping of the rag and breed bacteria.
Of course, these shortcomings should be paid attention to the care of the marble before installation, and it can be avoided as much as possible by paying attention to the maintenance after installation.
The beauty of marble is exciting, so even with these shortcomings, many people still choose marble decoration, especially high-end decoration, luxury villas.
Granite is an igneous rock with visible crystal structure and texture. It is mainly composed of feldspar, quartz and mica.
Granite is regarded as the most common natural stone in kitchen countertops. It has high hardness and good stain resistance. Although it is not as beautiful as marble, granite is a very practical stone.
* The advantages of granite countertops are:
1. Heat resistance: granite has excellent heat resistance and heat dissipation. The heated pot will not leave any traces directly on the countertop; it will not cause bubbles or cracks on the countertop due to excessive temperature difference.
2. Resistance: granite has basically no pores, and it is not easy to breed bacteria, dirt, mold and mildew.
3. Hardness: The hardness of granite is second only to diamond in nature, so granite countertops are not prone to scratches, hard but not brittle.
4. Stability: The granite is stable in nature, non-conductive, non-magnetic, resistant to acid and alkali, corrosion resistance, good shock absorption, and long service life.
* The disadvantages of granite countertops are:
If granite is to be laid in a large area, there will inevitably be joints, and the joints are easy to contain dirt and dirt, so the construction technology of granite kitchen countertops is relatively high.
Kitchen countertops made of granite are mainly used in kitchens and laundry pools. At present, they are more popular at home and abroad. Commonly used kitchen countertops are imported granite such as black sand, Indian red, and British brown, and domestic black granite such as Shanxi black and Mongolia black.
Quartz stone is a new type of stone artificially synthesized by more than 90% of quartz crystals plus resin and other trace elements. It is a large-size plate pressed by a special machine under certain physical and chemical conditions. Its main material is quartz.
The advantages of quartz stone countertops are:
1. Not easy to scratch. 2. No pollution. 3. Not burning.
The disadvantages of quartz countertops are:
Relatively high price of artificial stone. Because the quartz stone countertops are too hard, difficult to process, and the shape is too simple.
Quartz stone is too hard, so it is very difficult to repair once damaged, and processing is more difficult, so the shape is subject to certain restrictions, it is best to pay attention to maintenance when using it, so as to extend the service life.